night

Friday, June 12, 2020

#637 – I SAW THE LIGHT – Todd Rundgren - 6/3/2020



For better or for worse, the first long-distance electric
power transmission line in the United States
is completed, running the 14 miles between a generator at Willamette
Falls and downtown Portland, Oregon
on this date in 1889. Our addiction to cheap clean electricity began on that
day.

I can’t play this song and not think of my friend Mr.
Holmes. He hates this song with the white-hot heat of a supernova. He toesn’t
hate Todd in general, just this song of his. I’ve asked him to try to work past
it, but to no avail. I’ve offered to pay for therapy. I have even threatened
him with repeated playings of a song he hates worse - GOOD MORNING STARSHINE by
Oliver – but I hate it as much as he does. So for now I shall have to deal with
the shame of letting down my friend by asking you to listen to this nugget from
Todd’s great breakout LP “Something/Anything”.

1972 

No comments:

My Top 2500 (So Far)